penseeandcreme

Sunday, April 22, 2007



Work is great, but I am feeling a bit overwhelmed with managing my time. For 2 years I made my own schedule around A. and Z.'s school and activities. I barely looked at the clock and I don't own a watch. I guess I should invest in one now that I need to actually be on time. My greatest regret is not being able to email, blog or chat away on the phone with my friends and family. I will try to blog once a week to let everyone know that I am still kickin' here in Seattle.

Today is also Earth Day. For our part, we are staying home so we won't pollute the air with exhaust. It's the "lazy way" to celebrate!

To all the families and friends of the poor souls lost at Virginia Tech, my heart goes out to you. But most of all, to the families and friends of the soldiers who are fighting or dying in Iraq and Afghanastan every day, we have not forgotten you. The media in the US chooses to irresponsibly subject us to a barrage of horrible images from the killer at Virginia Tech, while ignoring the bigger picture of violence overseas.

Just a few ramblings! I hope everyone has a great week!

6 Comments:

At 3:01 PM, Blogger meno said...

It's a hard transition going from being at home to working.

It's not so hard the other way around. :)

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

It was great talking to you on Saturday!

(Oh, and that thing I told you I was going to do Sat. night didn't hurt nearly as much as my first time doing it. *wink*)

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Lynnea said...

Nancy you sound naughty.

Schmoopie, hang in, I can only imagine returning to work at this point. It sounds as scary as leaving work felt. As for the other stuff you said, well put.

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger Schmoopie said...

Meno- So true! But I've done both and it was actually easier to go back to work, for me, than figuring out what to do with all my free-time when I decided to stay home! I adjusted, but I am such a social being that I am happier when I am working.

Pants- You naughty girl ;) Can't wait to see it (uh YOU!)

Maggie- Thanks! Leaving work was a lot more scary for me. I am happy to be back.

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger Jill said...

Good luck with the new schedule!

I don't own a watch either. I use my cell phone.

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger Schmoopie said...

Jill- Thanks! I carry my cell phone in my pocket for the same reason. It falls out all the time so I am looking into the watch thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home