penseeandcreme

Saturday, July 21, 2007

The Happiest Moment...



Eleven years ago today, I experienced the happiest moment of my life. At 8:09 pm I became a momma, for the first time. My life was forever changed for the better. When I held A. in my arms, I was overcome with joy. I looked into her face and was absolutely certain that I was being rewarded with life's most precious gift. To this day, I do not pretend to know what I may have done to deserve her. She is the epitome of goodness and love. Happy birthday A.!

7 Comments:

At 8:30 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!!!

word verification: jbbearus

 
At 11:22 PM, Blogger meno said...

Happy Birthday to your beautiful baby girl.

 
At 4:17 AM, Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

It's mind-blowing, isn't it? I often look at my daughters (ages 8 and 10) and ask them, "who are you, and what have you done with my babies?!"

Happy birthday - to both of you!

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger Schmoopie said...

Pants- Thanks! We miss not being at the Eldorado Springs pool with you guys this year. We have pictures of you guys with the boyos in their little car seats with us at the pool. Time flies, doesn't it?

Meno- Thank you. She may be 11 now, but I will always think of her frozen at the age of 4 playing dress-up with her horses. *sniff*

Mrs. Chili- I was thinking that very same thought! It seems like I was just holding her tiny little body in my arms.

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger Cheesy said...

They all stay frozen at 4yo in my mind... and they are all almost 30 or older now lol... Tell the lovely lady I DIG her hat and sending hippy chick birthday fairy dust vibes!!

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger none said...

Happy Bday to the little one!

My son turns 11 in a month. It's fun and kind of sad to see em grow up so fast.

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Schmoopie said...

Thanks Cheesy! She sends her thanks for the "vibes." I'll bet your girls will always be your "babies" too!

Hammer- Thanks for the good wishes! It is sad that we only get to enjoy them as "little" for only a short while.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home