penseeandcreme

Sunday, June 17, 2007

I Like Cowboys in the Shower

Stucco had the day off on Friday, and the wee ones were in school. This meant we had a whole hour of child-free time during my lunch hour. So without going into details, we had some "alone time" together, and I went back to work with a big smile on my face. Later that evening, we were driving with Z. in the truck, discussing our favorite time of the day. Under my breath, I said my favorite time had been earlier in the shower. What Stucco heard was, "I like cowboys in the shower." He said, "What?" "You want a cowboy in the shower?" I laughed out loud and said, "Yes!" Z. laughed too and said, "What Mom, like Woody? (A cowboy character from the Disney movie "Toy Story.") I laughed harder and said, "Exactly!" Of course Z. didn't know what we were talking about, but it was just such a funny conversation. I am going to find a small Woody figurine and put him in our shower someday. It won't be as exciting as a "real cowboy" but funny nonetheless.

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

At 10:04 PM, Blogger Stucco said...

I could wear spurs next time?

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger Scott from Oregon said...

So it was Stucco with the Woody?

I'll email you a high resolution pic if you email me and ask...

 
At 7:38 AM, Blogger Jill said...

Hey, you should get Stucco a Woody costume!

http://www.clicket.com/kidscostumes/halloweencostumes/toy2.html

I'm not sure if they come in his size, but it's worth checking. :)

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger Schmoopie said...

Hmm...spurs.

sfo- yup. It was him! Sending an email next. Thanks!

Jill- It would be so fun for him to dress up like Woody! I'm pretty sure they don't make his size! ;)

 
At 3:52 AM, Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! THAT'S a good story!

When Mr. Chili and I did that lunch thing, we called it "funch." The think that got me was that I had a coworker who could ALWAYS tell - ALWAYS - and it's not like I came back to work misbuttoned or disheveled, either. She must have had some sort of weird radar for that post-glow...

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger meno said...

Ha ha ha ha. Woody in the shower indeed!

Also, mrs.chili, funch is awesome.

 
At 7:45 AM, Blogger Lynnea said...

Mmmm, mid-day showers, with woodies. Yeah. We call it alone time too. And my 10yo son said one time, are you guys gonna have sex? Why yes!

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Cheesy said...

Oh that is a classic!

And forget the costume.. he just needs the hat.....

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger Schmoopie said...

mrschili- LOL @ funch! What a great title for something so fun! We hadn't had a "funch" in a while! It was fun! Thanks for the visit :)

Meno- Woodies in the shower are so fun ;)

Maggie- It is fun to tease our 10 yr old about that too. She hates when we kiss or even hold hands in front of her. We used to love "naptime" around here. But alas they grow older and grow out of those naps!

Cheesy- I totally agree. Just the hat will do :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home