penseeandcreme

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Many Wonderful Days




We have had a lot of exciting days around here. It all started when this chick named Nancy Pants came to town. We drove down to one of the most beautiful beaches in the country (Cannon Beach, OR.) It takes about 4 hours to drive down and we decided it would be best to take a pooch with us. I don't know why, but I decided to take the most spasdic of the three, the chocolate lab Sal. He had a great time fetching his ball. Pants and I breathed in the salty sea air and went barefoot in the soft, warm sand. I was momentarily convinced I was in heaven (which happens frequently in Cannon Beach.)

We also got to meet a fellow blogger named Meno. As her writings suggest, she is a warm, funny, intelligent person who is fun to spend time with. It was like meeting up with a friend we've known for a long time. I hope we can eventually get together again.

Pant's visit came to an end after we got to stroll on the beach at Alki once more. I miss her but I know for sure she will return to visit when she can. Seattle gets some peoples' souls and never leaves.

10 Comments:

At 8:36 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

The visit was waaay too short. But it was perfect in every other way. I miss you guys. I find myself walking through your house or along Alki Beach while I'm going about my day. The Market and Cannon Beach are never far from my mind. And meeting Meno was better than I expected (and my expectations were high. :-) )

I need to get back up there soon. The entire PNW is in my soul. It felt like coming home.

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger meno said...

Those pictures take me back to that one perfect day.

And as an asshole cynic, i don't say that very often.

sigh.

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Jill said...

Mmm, that sounds lovely. Looks like Sal is having a blast. :)

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger Stucco said...

Looks like Sal was "happy to see you"

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger Schmoopie said...

Pants-I must say, you did look like you were home. You can kick your shoes off here any time you like!

Meno- I adore asshole cynics (case in point-Stucco)

Jill- I love that beach and Sal definitely agrees with me! :)

Stucco- He just wanted me to throw the ball again!

 
At 7:26 AM, Blogger Cheesy said...

Dang gurlie you are a tall one! Looks faboo....Funny many friends that visit here seem to like to call the PNW home now. It's the gift of our land! We are blessed to live here.. I thank the stars every night....Even when they are covered in clouds!

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger Schmoopie said...

Yeah Cheesy- I'm 5'10" Plus Pants is way short :) Our daughter is the same height as Pants, and she is 10 years old!

I always wished I was short and petite but I have learned to embrace my height!

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Cheesy said...

You can bend over to embrace mine any time! My girls are tall too... one is 5'10 one is 5'11...and the boys are all over 6'~thank gawd they got their Daddys height!

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger Schmoopie said...

Cheesy- So you must be pretty short too? How tall are you? Your girls are tall! My mom was shorter at 5'5" and my dad is 6' and my aunts (dad's sisters) are twins and 6ft tall.

I think our son is going to be well over 6ft. He is 7 years old and a head taller than all of his classsmates!

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger Cheesy said...

I'm 5' 3 and a smidge! Pure evil too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home