penseeandcreme

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Dog Tired



It was a gorgeous day here in the Seattle area! I was lucky enough to spend a good part of the day with Meno. She drove us to a beautiful area to the east that I haven't had the chance to explore before. We went for a hike. Now, I am not talking a gentle stroll around a park. It was a real, honest-to-god hike in a woodsy area complete with lush greenery, trees and a view that takes your breath away. Speaking of taking my breath away, I am in such sorry shape these days. I was winded for a good portion of the time. I need to work my way up to this trail, as I want to return, and make it to the lake. Meno is in top condition and strode uphill easily. I will aspire to her level, though it may take me years to get there! It was so good to spend time outdoors, getting to know Meno better. She has a great sense of humor (if you haven't read her blog you need to check it out.) We ended the hike by getting a cookie. What a perfect morning it was!

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At 3:40 PM, Blogger meno said...

So, how are the legs today? Are you cursing me?

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger Schmoopie said...

My legs are fine, Meno! My left hip seems a bit sore today but that's about it. Although, I have been moving quite a bit today preparing for the arrival of the MIL. It will all hit me tomorrow at work :)

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger amusing said...

Oh -- I'm glad you guys had a great hike! I'm jealous!

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger Schmoopie said...

Amusing- Thanks. The next time you are in Seattle, come by and go for a hike and have a cookie with us! :)

 
At 6:53 AM, Blogger Lynnea said...

I'm jealous too. I miss hiking in Washington - so many gorgeous areas to see. And of course ending it with a cookie, well that's pure Meno style!

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger Jill said...

I wish I could sleep like that. Might make it easier to get some shut-eye on a plane.

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger Schmoopie said...

Maggie- It is wonderful to see such beauty in the world! Meno sure knows how to end a perfect day :)

Jill- I am medicated, and sleep like our dogs now. I still can't sleep on planes though. I guess it may be all of the invasive thoughts I get about the jet crashing into the ocean.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home