penseeandcreme

Friday, July 07, 2006

To finish where I left off...


Alia and I had a marvelous time Wed. morning. We left the townhome at 8am and took our usual walk to the west, next to the Bay. We found several sea shells. Halfway down the path, we also spied a gull who seemed to be either very old or just not that interested in us. She calmly watched us comb the rocky beach for stones and shells. The only time she moved was to saunter over to the water to take a drink. Alia saw a cormorant dunk-down for a meal of tasty fish. There are almost too many species of birds to name, living along the edge of Bay Farm Island. There are herons and egrets and finches galore! To see an egret close-up is a sight to behold. They are such regal looking birds! I sat by the Bay for what seemed like just a few minutes. I was smelling the sea salt air and feeling the cool breeze. Alia and I were each enjoying our own quiet reverie. For some reason my phone beeped at me and I checked it, realizing it was now 10:30am! We headed back to rendezvous with the rest of the family and we decided to go to Sausalito, CA over the Golden Gate Bridge. It was a beautiful day for the trip. Sausalito is a gorgeous town with a pier full of sailboats to die for! "I'll take the 40ft one over there please!" We hit a few shops and then headed back. It was a memorable day to end our trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home