penseeandcreme

Sunday, July 02, 2006

San Francisco is a wonderful city! Z. and I were the early risers this morning so we took a walk down the path along the Bay. It was incredibly foggy and the sea was spraying a fine mist on our faces. The white caps were visible and the temperature was about 53 degrees. So there are places like this that exist! Z. and I walked about 2 miles roundtrip. There were a lot of unusual birds and a funny-looking squirrel that sat upon a bush. They looked like they were having a party. When we returned to the townhome, Grannie had made breakfast and A. was up too. We ate together and then piled in the car for a trip to Target (I forgot to pack my swimming suit ,as well as Stucco's.) We found swimming suits and a few other things and I also found a Starbuck's (THANK GOD!) A VENTI mocha later, we were headed back to Grannie's. We drove along the Bay and admired the view. Stucco had finally risen from a restless sleep so we headed to the community pool. It was a bit chilly but A., Z. and I braved the waters. It was actually heated so it was a lot of fun. Stucco and his mom headed to the grocery store for lunch fixin's while A., Z. and I played a few games of Kerplunk and read chapters 3 and 4 from Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. We read the book outdoors on the deck in the cool breeze (the temperature and humidity were as close to perfection as you can get.) We ate hotdogs and fruit and played a few more games of Kerplunk. We are going for a walk, in a bit, to the estuary that empties into the Bay. We have been trying to identify all of the different species of trees and flowers in the area. I am beginning to understand why so may people choose to live in the Bay area. It truly is a lush, beautiful part of this country.

7 Comments:

At 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just heard you lie.

-Stucco

 
At 5:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And also, I hate hot dogs.

-Stucco

 
At 5:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now is the time to take pity upon me.

-Stucco

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger Schmoopie said...

ON YOU? What about your kids?

 
At 5:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Them too. Misery loves company, right?

-Stucco

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Lie? Do tell.

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger Schmoopie said...

I lied to "Mother." (Stucco's mom) I told her I was emailing Kel while I was blogging so she won't find out about penseeandcreme! He knew what I was doing and commented while I was working on a post! :) Thank God for the ability to communicate through the computer. Stucco and I also IM'd while there because we were getting frustrated with her and it was easy to avoid her and IM instead.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home