penseeandcreme

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Today was one of those days that I knew was going to be busy. I was in charge of Alia's class's end-of-the-year BBQ at school and Zac had his Kindergarten Continuation program. The BBQ was a success and a good time was had by all. Alia and her classmates wore white t-shirts so they could sign each other's for a memory. It was amazing to watch Alia confidently move in the crowd signing everyones' shirts. When we went to Alia's classroom to retrieve her things, she showed us her Principal's Medal award for academic achievement. We don't need to see an award given to her to know how very special and bright she is, but she was so proud to get it. Zac's program was absolutely hysterical! All of the children in the 3 afternoon Kindergarten classes wore flower masks that framed their faces (boys too.) They stood on risers on stage and sang a few songs including a version of "New York, New York" that made Stucco's face turn red with laughter. My eyes welled-up with tears as I watched my youngest sing his heart out. When he spotted Alia, Stucco and me in the crowd, he grinned from ear to ear. I cannot describe exactly how I felt at that moment. Pride, mixed with a little sadness but happiness at the same time. I feel so honored to be Alia and Zac's mom. Today, even though it was busy, was just one of those days that reminds me how lucky I am to be a part of this family.

3 Comments:

At 10:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"It's up to you, First Grade, First Grade!" I guess if you can make it there....

-Stucco

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

*snort* That's brilliant!

I've still got plans to clone your kids.

 
At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like a great day!!! congrats to the graduate.
love you guys,
kel

 

Post a Comment

<< Home