penseeandcreme

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

A Bit of Goodness In An Ugly News World




I was watching "House" last night (one of my favorite shows) and I had to let the dogs out just as it ended. When I came inside after they were finished with their business, I heard the headlines on the news. Now I do realize that it was Fox News, and Fox always leans on the whole "if it bleeds, it leads" news angle but, by the time I'd heard the first few minutes, I was checking the locks on the door, in a panic. I suffer from anxiety disorder anyway so it was like adding fuel to the fire. With Stucco being out of town as well, it is worse. I am very tired of the way our society glorifies violence. One cannot use the news as a source of information about the weather or activities to enjoy around town anymore. I get my news from the internet and just click on the info I need. Now I am not all cotton candy, babies and rainbows all the time. I do watch some violent TV and the occasional movie, but I don't understand why people get all "up in arms" about Janet Jackson's nipple popping out on TV and these same networks have no trouble going over every detail about a bullet hole in someone's head. I'd much rather our children walk into the room and see a couple all over each other on the television, than see someone get shot. What do you think?

4 Comments:

At 11:52 AM, Blogger Stucco said...

So.... Is that an offer? ;)

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger Schmoopie said...

See the blog above. It portrays my offer.

 
At 7:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to say I agree.

The networks seem to be of the opinion - the more blood the better the story.

Like you, I no longer watch the news.

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger Schmoopie said...

Hello kylie! Thanks for stopping by :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home