penseeandcreme

Thursday, October 26, 2006


I would classify myself as a spiritual person who no longer conforms to any particular religion. However, I did take Pants' and KelKel's advice and I buried a statue of St. Joseph in the front yard. Because he was a carpenter, he is also the Patron Saint of The Happy Home and Homesellers as well. After A. and Z., and I buried him in the yard, we were inundated with showings and 3 couples with interest in possibly buying our home. Today, after the inspection, one of the couples confirmed that they want to buy our home. We will close on Nov. 22nd! I am only left to conclude that St. Joseph heard our prayers and answered them. We will dig him up on closing day and he will have a place of honor in our new home in Seattle. Thank you, St. Joseph!

11 Comments:

At 10:19 AM, Blogger Cheesy said...

Please don't place next to the lawn gnome tho... may screw up the mojo!

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats! You're still spending Thanksgiving with us though, right? I'll stuff the bird with crabmeat. :-)

 
At 10:21 PM, Blogger Stucco said...

I dunno that I buy the spirituality/superstition of all of this, but I will say that I like burying things. So, do we bury this guy again next time, or is the figurine a one-per-sale deal?

 
At 5:38 AM, Blogger Jill said...

Hey, I didn't realize you could get a brand new St. Joseph! I assumed it had to be some sort of relic from an earlier time to work the magic. Well, that's good to know. Won't have to rob a church or museum when we next try to sell a house.

 
At 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, well, St. Joe did it again! I'm so glad you are getting good news. What do Z and A think of the new location?
Washington is a BEAUTIFUL state. If you are in the Washougal area and talk to any Baldwins, say hi from us-that's Carol's mom's family.
Dork

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Schmoopie said...

Cheesy- No gnomes here, so no danger there ;)

Pants- We will be there! Wouldn't miss a chance to spend time together before we head out!

Stucco- It's a one-time deal. We'll have to bury a new one next time.

Jill- You crack me up! You can find the statues at any Catholic Supply Store. Ten bucks well-spent.

Dork- Maybe you guys could come up for a visit sometime! We'd love to see you. ;)

 
At 6:49 AM, Blogger Cheesy said...

Oh cool beans... no gnomes??? Now I know what to send as a yard warming gift!!

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger KelKel said...

Ode to the St.'s they alway do the job. St. Francis is near and dear to me and St. Jude and... well I could go on. Congratulations, I hope everything from here on goes smooth and as fast.
Love ya.

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger Schmoopie said...

Cheesy- It has to be a cute one though!

kelkel- Thanks for encouraging me to bury him! He did his job nicely!

 
At 10:10 PM, Blogger Cheesy said...

OH~~ so the one I fired this weekend that is picking his nose is out eh?

 
At 7:28 AM, Blogger Schmoopie said...

Definitely out! Heh!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home