penseeandcreme

Tuesday, September 19, 2006


Twenty-two years ago today, my mother took her own life. When I meet new people, I feel an overwhelming sense to reveal this fact about myself. Yes, it is a fact about me. I am the "suicide survivor." This may be the reason I have a hard time letting people into my inner circle. It is difficult to be a "motherless daughter," but in a sense, it is part of who I am. It defines a small part of me. Her name was Diane. She was so kind, loving and caring. She loved children and animals. I can still picture her in the kitchen, cooking dinner, making cookies. She made us laugh and comforted us when we cried. She was a good person. Every day I am thankful for my life and I will never forget her.

2 Comments:

At 7:54 AM, Blogger Stucco said...

I love that picture. And look at that cutie-patootie there! Now, tell me more about your "inner circle", heh heh uh heh *snort*

 
At 10:31 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow. I've never seen a picture of your mom. The resemblance is striking.

You, my dear, are one of the best moms I know, and I take some of my best cues from you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home