penseeandcreme

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Loved Ones

Alia, Mikayla, Annika and Zac at my Dad and Margaret's house after a refreshing dip in their pool!



Me and the kids on Ma'am and Mr. B's front porch (one of the houses where I grew up)



Many of the family gathered after the BBQ at Ma'am and Mr. B's house



Grandma and Grandpa Boerding (Kel's parents)



Matthew (Jeff and Lea's son)



My brother John and sister-in-law Sheila, my niece Emma, and nephew Jack



My niece Annika (Stacy and Scott's daughter)



My nephew Jack



Alia and Emma



My niece Mikayla (Stacy and Scott's daughter)



My Mom's mother Grandma Faulstich with her grandchildren (me and John) and great-grandchildren (Alia, Zac, Emma and Jack)



Kelly and her beloved Ron



Great-Grandma Guenther and Ga-Ga with the grandchildren



Me and my Ma'am (the woman who nurtured and loved me after my own Mother passed away, as well as many years before that!)



Great-Grandma with Poppy (my Dad), Zac, and Alia



The kids together


Stacy and her husband Scott



Great-Grandma Guenther and Baby Alice (Margaret's daughter Lyle and son-in-law Bill's baby)




We had a really wonderful trip back to St. Louis in August. We tried to make it back to visit Grandpa Guenther before he passed away, but alas, it wasn't meant to be. We did get to spend time with the Grandmothers and many other members of our extended family. Alia, Zac and I were spoiled by everyone. Stacy and Scott put up with us as we took over their house with our suitcases, Red Hot Riplets, Imo's Pizza, White Castles etc.

Though we live many, many miles away, and it had been 4 years since we'd seen everyone, it was like it was yesterday. We love you! We miss you!

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At 8:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sweet! I cannot believe how big all those kids are! I feel like I got to go and meet everyone too! Thanks for sharing! Love, Miss T

 
At 12:58 AM, Blogger Cheesy said...

Awesome shots gurlie!
Dam Z loks more like his papa EVERY day! Happy belated b-day hun!!

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger KelKel said...

Love you girl, miss you everyday. The pictures are great. It was great having you and the kids here. There is no place like home, whether it be the home of your roots or the home of your heart, it's always comforting to come home.
I love you,
Kelly

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wonderful photos. It's good to go home, and then it good to turn around and go home. *s*

That's a very pretty house. It looks very cozy.

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger Schmoopie said...

T.- It's crazy how quickly they've all grown! Now you can put faces with all the names :) Love you!

Cheesy- Thanks for the b-day wishes! Z. is a mini-me of Stucco. And he will probably be taller!

Kelkel- It was so awesome to be able to laugh together again (in person!!) Sharing Imo's just tastes better with your sister ;) I love you too and miss you every day.

Pants- So true! I love having so many homes. Ma'am and Mr. B.'s house is one of the constants in my life. It has changed very little since my brother and I used to run down the block and knock on its door. The people waiting inside (Ma'am ,Mr. B., Stacy and Jeff) are among the very best in the world. They mean everything to me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home